NEW at WebNameSource!|
1. What to do if your domain expires and you can't contact us.
2. As we are now an eNom ETP, you get the same great services at a lower price.
Why do I need a domain name?
What are my responsiblities and rights
- You don't want 126.96.36.199 as a web address.
- Domain names like jsmith.com are more easily remembered than long "free" site URLs.
- Search engines sometimes don't index free sites so no one can find your domain.
- Frame forwarded domains may not be indexable by search engines.
- Paid sites usually require you to have your own domain name.
What does it cost per year to have a domain name?
- Buying a domain name does not get you hosting or email. Buy those separately, say at
- You have to supply valid contact information for your domain. This will be checked.
- Educational Information is at ICANN
- We have our own page detailing rights and responsibilities here
WebNameSource discounts domains as low as US$13.50/y. You may (but needn't) register for multiple years, and there are no "extra" registration fees. (some domains 2yr minimum)
- Others charge between US$20 and $40, and may require you to register domains for two years.
- Some registrars charge additional "registration fees".
- Some name stores give you discounts only if you register domains for multiple years.
$US prices subject to change without notice
NOTE: To register .ca names you must have a Canadian presence. To register .us names requires a U.S. presense, either a business or individual residing in or doing business in the U.S. (additional info required during registration.)
NOTE: We can only transfer .com, .net, .org, .cc, .info, .biz, .ca, .us and .cn domains at this time, and some of those only at nameman.net. Sorry.
What do I get for my money?
Suppose I need higher-end features to manage a domain portfolio?
- a domain name or web address that belongs to you
- for as long as you pay the annual fee
- provided you don't take someone else's trade name (cocacola, cpr, ibm)
- an "under construction" page if your web site isn't ready
- the ability to redirect your URL wherever you want
- park your domain on your free site
- provide the name/address of your hosting company's nameserver.
- a DNS manager to create subdomains of your domain (sub.me.com)
- e-mail forwarding
all features now available for .ca domains, but only through our nameman subsidiary
Arjay Web also offers a premium name service, nameman with additional features, including:
- an account to manage all your sites
- a simple website builder
- the opportunity to purchase wholesale
The choice (nameman or WebNameSource) is yours! (no pressure either way; whatever suits you.)
In addition, our web hosting partner WebNameHost offers professional Linux-based hosting using the latest cPanel control panel technology.
There's no catch
- WebNameSource and nameman buy registrations wholesale.
- WebNameSource and nameman offer domain names for low, low prices.
- When our cost goes down, we pass on the savings to you.
- When new features become available, we make them available for the least possible additional cost (thus, nameman's premium service for only $2 more.).
- Register for up to ten years (the maximum) for the same yearly price.
- Use the search facilities to find an available domain name.
- Register your domain name and pay the fees.
- Your credit card info is safe on secure payment sites.
- Be sure to provide a valid and working email address.
- Be sure to record your account password for later use.
- Enter your management account and direct the name to your site, using
- URL redirection to a site already having a name,
- OR by entering nameserver info your web host provided.
- It may take 24-72 hours for the redirection to take effect on the web.
- You will be notified at the email address you provided when it's time to renew (change this address on the domain if you need to).
A transfer always requires renewing a domain for another year; the extra time is added onto your old expiry date at the new low price.